Maintaining your BLOWOUT
We've all been there. We get a blowout before a trip and the next day ... poof! It's gone because we didn't pack the necessary items to keep it going. Our fresh blowout is then defeated by the hair monster "Unpre-haired" (unprepared lol). Traveling out of town presents some small challenges BUT if you take heed to a few tips, you'll be good to go.
Getting a protective style for a beach destination is your best bet. Something like crochet braids to avoid blow dryers and flat irons on your trip after dipping in some water. If there is no beach or pool on your itinerary, then the hair items below will make your trip a lot more hassle-free:
1. Satin bonnet or head wrap to protect hair click here for Plooshie’s satin charmeuse Turban
2. Bobby pins to pin-curl hairstyle overnight
3. Small ½ inch flat iron to smooth edges and re-shape any wayward curls
4. Travel size dry shampoo spray to refresh hair when needed
5. Edge gel to control flyaways
6. Your own protective shower cap (disposable caps at hotels often fall short)
7. Rain Hat for unexpected weather. Click here for Plooshie's Ultimate Rain Hat
Proper preparation prevents poor performance!